Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

On My Honor - Day 3

Original Definitions:
  • flailing (v) waving wildy in a fast motion
  • gawk (v) look on; stare
  • clenching (v) closing tight
  • gooseflesh (n)  small bumps on the skin that come from being cold
  • emerging (v) rising up; coming out
  • prehistoric (adj)  very old
  • slog (v) walk slowly and with great difficulty
  • immersing (v) covering completely
  • scornfully (adv) in a hurtful way

Journal Activity:

I think Joel issued a challenge to Tony because he wanted to prove that he wasn't scared to do dangerous things. He would do anything to keep Tony from climbing the bluffs, even if that meant he had to put out a two way challenge. He also wanted to keep Tony from climbing the bluffs by himself. I think Joel was scared that Tony would hurt himself and there would be no one there to rescue him. This way, at least Joel was there if an accident happened. Joel is the type of person who doesn’t like bending or breaking rules at all. Timid, cautious, obedient, and a pushover are words I would use to describe Joel. I think I’m a mix of both boys because I like to try new things, but not if they could endanger me or the people around me. I also usually don’t like breaking the rules.  

No comments: