Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

On My Honor Day 3

Original Definitions
  • clenching - (v) - closing really tight
  • emerging - (v) - coming up out of 
  • flailing - (v) - swinging your arms round and about; trying to catch your balance using your arms; clumsy
  • gawk - (v) - to stare at
  • goose flesh - (n) - being very cold; so much so that your arms have bumps on them; goose bumps
  • immersing - (v) - going completley under 
  • prehistoric - (n) - old; before this time
  • scornfully - (v) -feeling or showing anger
  • slog - (n) - slush through; go in a slow manner

Corrected Definitions

  • flailing - (v) - moving or waving about
  • slog - (v) - to work in a steady determined manner

Journal Activity

I think that there are several reasons Joel issued the challenge. One of the reasons might be that he didn’t want to climb the bluffs, and thought that swimming was safer. Another would be that he was tired of being pushed around by Tony. Even if Tony didn't accept the challenge, he would have still have the right to maybe tease him about being chicken or scared. This might give him leverage on a later date to avoid something he didn't want to with Tony. Joel is smart, caring, adventurous, enthusiastic, obedient, truthful and kind. He likes to do something’s a lot. Sometimes he will try something new and then go back into his comfort zone. He asks his dad for permission, but doesn't know how to say no. I am like both of them. I am adventurous, but not stupid about it. I am smart, caring, kind, enthusiastic, and obedient. I like to try new things, but there are things that I like to do more than once. I ask mom's permission and listen to her answer.  

No comments: