Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

October Summary

Hours for October:
FigNewTon: 83
Butterfly: 64.5

Cumulative Total:
FigNewTon: 375.5
Butterfly: 307

I was sick for the last two weeks of October. That made it hard to keep up with teaching the girls and therefore rearranged our school schedule for November and December, but I think it will work out fine. We were able to get in two field trips before I got sick; one to Ft. Atkinson and one to the zoo. In co-op they are learning about writing a newspaper and geography.

FigNewTon had a really good month. She is focused and her attitude is wonderful. She finished with her garden and secured permission to have one again next year. That proved to be a learning experience in more ways than I anticipated. I expected her to learn the science concepts associated with gardening, but she learned so many more valuable lessons that are helping her to become a beautiful young lady.

Although Butterfly made some significant progress in the month of October, remembering all the way through her 13th birthday and gaining the cumulative knowledge that goes along with that, it still remains a struggle to get her hours in because of her need for sleep. She sleeps 15 hours a day at this point. Also because of her progress, I had to change her curriculum at the beginning of the month and am looking at having to do that again now as she gained the memories from the last year and a half of her life this evening.

No comments: