Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Adventures of Ociee Nash

The Adventures of Ociee Nash is a movie about a young girl named Ociee who lives in Mississippi with her father and brothers. Her mother died the spring before from measles. Her father decides that he wants Ociee to be more ladylike, so he sends her to live with her aunt in Asheville, NC. On the journey, she makes some new friends, including the President. On her first morning there, Ociee meets a girl named Elizabeth and they get in a fight. Later they become friends, and Ociee even saves Elizabeth's life. The movie is based on the book A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street, by Milam McGraw Propst. The Adventures of Ociee Nash is a really good movie. There were times that I laughed out loud and there were times that I almost cried. I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments: