Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

My Garden

Here are a few things I have learned about gardening:

NOTHING keeps rabbits away.
(Except a fence.)



Things that need to be staked,
should be staked as soon as they are tall enough.



Not every plant takes.



Radishes won't be ready all at the same time,
even if they are planted at the same time.

I don't use gardening gloves.



Watermelon spreads.
Ours grew out through the fence!



There are lots of weeds!


Zucchini doesn't need to be staked,
it needs it's own time zone!

Gardening is FUN!




I Corinthians 3:7-8 says:
So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.

Even though mom says this verse is about telling others about Christ, it is true in my garden, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures! I wish we had a garden...next year we have the place for one now lets see if we can get one planted.

Oh and I love the comment about the time zone...it made me laugh!