Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

July Summary

Hours of school
FigNewTon: 77.5
Butterfly: 69.5

I should cut myself some slack because it is summer. Most children are not schooled in the summer. But it was my full intention to get 100 hours in for the month of July, to get a jump start on the school year and know we were headed in the right direction.
Butterfly, technically, should not be schooled right now. Her brain needs to rest in order to heal. (Kind of like a sprained muscle.) I am not concerned about her hours. Throughout the year, I will keep in touch with her doctors and we will cover excessive "absences" with doctor notes explaining the necessity of a reduced work load. My primary objective for her this school year is for her brain to get better.
The month started with all of us sick from the swine flu. Boy does that take a lot out of a person. The month ended with FigNewTon throwing a two week fit and Butterfly reverting back to the functioning of an eight year old. For FigNewTon, that means that she accomplished very little because her attitude was one of noncompliance. For Butterfly, that means that I have to reteach even basic skills like brushing teeth and fixing hair. Basic math is complex for her.

No comments: