Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 2010 Summary

Butterfly
  • 91 hours
  • Community Service 3 hours
  • Attitude 82%

FigNewTon

  • 94 hours
  • Community Service 8 1/2 hours
  • Attitude 45 %

The girls really had a good month. Both girls had a better attitude than the previous month. They did their school work willingly most days. We had a few science days, where we did science experiments for the entire school day. This seemed to work well. An entire unit can often be done in one or two days. On the 27th, they flew to OH. This was their first time on a plane as well as the longest period of time they have ever been away from me. I sent some of their easier subjects with them. Most of what I sent was assignments they could do with only the instruction given in the book. I did not send Math, Science or Health as these are subjects that I have to put quite a bit of effort into teaching them. They were also responsible for keeping up with co-op assignments while they were gone and communicating with those teachers as necessary. Autumn did a great job keeping up with the hours of school that they put in as well as giving any help they needed. They were able to celebrate Halloween not once, but twice while they were there and they went to a corn maze. They also had the opportunity to carve a pumpkin.

No comments: